Perform all engineering tasks for the design and structural substantiation of a redesigned battery shelf for Beechcraft Bonanza A36. A significantly larger battery was required to cold start the turboprop aircraft.
Aviation Technologies, Inc.
PEI provided design, analysis, and DER approval to support the redesign of the battery shelf
Structural Analysis and FAA DER Approval:
- Generate system level finite element models, baseline and modified
- Modeling of battery to determine center of gravity and tie-down locations
- Quasi-Static analysis with limit maneuver loads
- Global Equivalency and Detailed Stress analysis, including mechanical joints (bolted and riveted)
- FAA DER review and approval
- Generation of FAA Form 8110-3 for approval of modifications
- Conducted site survey to measure and document Beechcraft Bonanza A36 battery compartment
- Modeled local aircraft structure in the vicinity of the current battery shelf
- Designed preliminary enlarged battery shelf and aircraft reinforcements required for higher loading
- After structural evaluation, completed detail design of new battery shelf and reinforcing structures
- Conducted Design Reviews with Aviation Technologies, Inc. representatives
- Generated all detail part, assembly, and installation drawings